The MT688 non-contact infrared thermometer is designed for body surface and forehead temperature measurement for infants and adults without contact with the human body. It can also be used to measure the temperature of baby bottles, bath water or room temperature.
Safety Conformance :
- EN 980: Graphical symbols for use in the labeling of medical devices
- EN 1041: Information supplied by the manufacturer with medical devices
- EN 60601-1: Medical electrical equipment Part 1: General requirements for safety (IEC:60601-1:1998)
- EN 60601-1-2: Medical electrical equipment Part 1-2: General requirements for safety collateral standard Electromagnetic compatibility requirements and test (IEC:60601-1-2:2001)
EMC Approved :
- MT688 has been tested and homologated I accordance with EN60601-1-2:2007 for EMC.
- EMI is a disturbance generated by electrical or mechanical equipment, which can include ignition systems, cellular networks, lighting and many others. EMI in our daily lives is more of an annoyance than anything else, but it can cause problems, such as when your garage door opens when you try to change the TV channel with the remote. In extreme cases it can degrade the performance of an electrical circuit or even stop it from functioning altogether – such as disrupting the functioning of critical equipment like pacemakers.
- To ensure that electrical and mechanical components don’t cause any EMI, the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) and the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) have set standards that electrical equipment must adhere to. This is in line with international standards on Electromagnetic Compliance (EMC).
- EMC standards regulate the electromagnetic emissions from equipment to ensure they don’t interfere with other equipment.
|Range (Body Mode)
32.0°C to 42.5°C / 89.6°F to 108.5°F
|Range (Surface Mode)
0°C to 60°C / 32°F to 140°F
0.1°C / 0.1°F
|Basic accuracy ASTM
32°C to 35.9°C (±0.3ºC) / 93.2°F to 96.6°F (±0.5ºF), 36°C to 39°C (±0.2ºC) / 96.8°F to 102.2°F (±0.4°F), 39°C to 42.5°C (±0.3ºC) / 102.2°F to 108.5°F (±0.5°F)
5 – 15cm